Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ode to the Bloody

Since our return from St. Louis last week, I have been somewhat on the wagon.  For good reason.  Those people in The Lou know how to make delicious food and celebrate.  We ate at great restaurant after great restaurant.  I've even been researching a dessert I ate that was a very simple yet mysterious creation involving bruleed bananas and bourbon.  I'm hoping to share more on that another day.  My sister knows how I can obsess about certain items made at certain restaurants.  We still talk about 'the sandwich' in Williamsburg, VA. 

This week, though, my thoughts have been on a certain bloody mary.  I had the perfect bloody in New Orleans last fall.  Literally, perfect.  From the spices to the salad.  Perfection.  There's apparently a lot of debate about the best mix (as if), vodka, and the veggies.  I've personally spent countless hours researching this subject. 




If you want to create a classic bloody, "The Preppy Handbook" recipe (below) is very Muffy.


Garden and Gun takes it to another level by recommending a bloody mary bar at your next get together.  Things like bacon-infused vodka, pickled okra, and steamed oysters at the bar would be pretty irresistible. The mix is a whole other conversation.  As any bloody lover knows, this is super controversial and like politics and religion, should not be discussed in polite company. However, if you must betray Mrs. T's, try Fat and Juicy or Brandon's Bloody Mary Mix.


via




Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...